Academic of SIS
The students are grouped into four houses namely Earth, Fire, Space and Water. This provides platform to interact with the students other than their class group. Primary and Middle wing within the houses they get opportunities to participate in various intra-house activities. They get a chance to identify their strengths, appreciate each other. Based on their presentations/performances, the house teachers select the best performers to represent their house in the inter-house activities like talent hunt, sports, on the spot drawing, craft, dance, theatre, debate, poem recitation etc. Senior Wing Intra house to Inter house activities are conducted depending on the nature of activity and availability of students for any particular activity.
It is the time of the year when the entire school comes together and celebrates the love and togetherness.
This gives a chance to children to present their learning of regular classes like E.V.S. culminations, theatre culminations, etc. These presentations take place sometimes in front of other classes and sometimes parents are also invited.
- Promotion to the next class is based on the student’s overall development and ability to handle the next step in their education over the year.
- The academic performance will be evaluated through tests and examinations, as well as assignments assigned from time to time.
- A student must achieve a 40% average in all subjects to advance to the next class.
- Co-curricular and extracurricular accomplishments will be taken into consideration.
- At least 75% of attendance during the academic year is mandatory for promotion.
- Absentees at an examination will be considered to have failed unless it can be proven that they were ill.
- There will be no special arrangements for students who cannot attend the examination for any reason, and retests will not be available.
- When it comes to promotions, the school administration’s decision is final.
- The school will not be held liable if parents do not receive their children’s answer scripts on time. Remember, under any circumstances, no answer scripts should be shown after that day.